As the first quarter of the year (for most companies, some may vary) concludes for 2013, let’s take a brief look at what the Missouri aviation community helped build or complete!
- Boeing delivered a total of 12 F/A-18/E/F/G’s from January to March. In addition, they sent two previously delivered F/A-18F’s to Malaysia in order to participate in a sale showcase.
- Boeing also delivered 3 F-15SG’s to the republic of Singapore Air Force, and made the first flight of the F-15SA, an all fly-by-wire variant for the Royal Saudi Air Force. Deliveries for the country will begin in 2015.
- The first two production P-8 anti-submarine warfare aircraft were delivered to the United States Navy, with planning taking place in St. Louis.
- Three Boeing C-17’s were delivered out at Long Beach from January to March, with sub-assembly taking place in St. Louis. The first C-17 for India has entered the flight test system!
- The Zenith Aircraft company announced a variety of showcase’s and upgrades to it’s notable aircraft kits. The company will participate at Sun’n Fun next week in Lackland, Florida.
- The Rockwell Collins company celebrated a major order from China Eastern Airlines and Okay Airlines for their Head-Up Guidance system.